December 17, 2008

Third Project: Cold Cuts (Emulation)

Starting off this project, I was dead sure I was going to try to emulate this portrait photographer named Jake Chessum, who had these really humanizing photos of people and especially celebrities, but the Evidence photos kind of threw me. I started coming up with all these cool ideas that could make for some cool photos, so I thought I’d go for it. Originally, I was going to try to do both, but with midterms that turned out to be a little unrealistic. But I went exploring, wrote down some places that might look perfect at night, and ended up sneaking into a closed park, and using some back alleys and parking lots. I shot with 3200 film, a tripod, a flash with the diffuser on, clothing from the antique store, and Hershey’s chocolate sauce.


No comments: